The Comforter Candle
Part of our The Popular Girls collection. Smells just like the popular bubble bar from the high street bath bomb retailer. A very sweet, black currant scent. Cassis absolute gives a distinctive blackcurrant fragrance, while bergamot adds an uplifting note.
We are in no way affiliated with the real thing, our scented fragrance oil is simply a dupe and smells similar to the selected brand.
This 30cl candle features a beautiful frosted container to compliment any home aesthetic. The candle comes carefully packaged and complete with any relevant CLP Allergen and safety information labelled on the bottom
Candle weight - 300g
Approx - Up to 45 hours burn time.
As a rule of thumb, burn a new candle for 1 hour per 2.5cm (1 inch) in diameter. So for a 10cm (4 inch) diameter candle, the initial burn time should be at least 4 hours. Sometimes a little longer for soy wax is needed to reach a full melt pool. Always set the memory of your candle by burning until the melt pool reaches the edges of the vessel or at least 2.5cm (1 inch) away. (This will still melt away during your subsequent burns). This will prevent tunnelling.
Proper candle burning and safety is important to make sure you and your home are safe.
We are not responsible for incorrectly burned candles and lack of safety precautions taken when burning.
Here is a full list of tips to get the most out of your new candle:
- Burn on a heat-resistant, flat surface. Always keep away from drafts, children, pets, fabric or anything flammable. Always burn within sight and never leave unattended.
- Your first burn is VERY important. Always let the wax pool completely so it reaches the sides of the vessel or at the very most 1 inch away from the edge. Soy wax has a memory, so if you only burn for a limited period of time and the wax has not fully pooled to the extent mentioned above, this is as far as the wax will ever expand during its entire lifespan. This is one of the causes of tunnelling.
- Burn for 4 hours maximum. Continuing to burn the candle beyond 4 hours is a safety hazard and will reduce your candle life. The only exception is when your candle vessel is over 4 inches in diameter.
- Do not touch the glass container while the candle is burning, or while it's still warm.
- Keep your wick trimmed to 1/4 inch at all times. This is very important to prevent any soot and to ensure you get the maximum burn time out of your candle. Proper wick trimmers are ideal for this, but most nail scissors or clippers will also do the trick!
- Burn candles in a well-ventilated non-drafty room. A draft might blow out the candle prematurely or keep it from staying lit.
- When you're done burning, blow out your candle, and ensure there are no glow spots on your wick and the flame is properly extinguished.
- Once the candle has reached about 1/2" of wax remaining, stop burning it. Continuing to burn past this point is a fire hazard.
- Soy wax candles burn slower and are more temperature sensitive than paraffin candles. Your burn rate and candle characteristics might be different depending on the temperature of the room you burn it in.
Our gorgeous containers can be repurposed once your candle has reached the end of it's life. For some inspiration:
- Tea light holder for a lovely glowy ambience
- Office storage, eg pencil holder
- Bathroom storage, eg toothbrush holder
- Vanity storage, eg make up brushes holder
- Kitchen storage, eg sweet jar
- Change holder
- Trinket dish